Sunday, January 24, 2010

"The fruit of the Spirit is the fruit of faith and repentance, not spiritual self-determination. The fruit of the Spirit is the hope that God may do what he promises to do: to restore that which has been destroyed, to be faithful when you are faithless, and to show up in your weakness with his strength."

Am I focused on the things that matter?

"Many Christians estimate difficulty in the light of their own resources and thus they attempt very little and always fail" - Hudson Taylor

"My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." - Psalms 73:26

“Faith is a living and unshakable confidence, a belief in the grace of God so assured that a man would die a thousand deaths for its sake”

I spent the last hour reading through Compassion Intl. blogs. I'm totally wrecked. It makes me miss Africa. We can be a difference to many.

"Do not have your concert first and tune your instruments afterwards. Begin the day with God." - James Hudson Taylor

Check out my latest blog, "Vision Trip".. (http://freelygivenlife.com) Also, check out Jim Wagy's new album, "Worship for the Nations"..

Listening to "Worship for the Nations" album, check it out on Amazon and iTunes. It was well worth the wait.

“Nobody ever outgrows scripture; the Book widens and deepens with our years” - Charles H. Spurgeon

Want boldness? Remind your heart of this truth, "..because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." - 1 John 4:4

"We don't fight for victory, we fight from victory. Our confidence is not in what's going to happen, but in wh (cont) http://tl.gd/tdbc

RT @JohnPiper: We need God in ways we do not know. Don't limit your experience of God to what you can think to ask. Ask for the unknown joy.

Check out my latest blog, "Thousand Words".. (http://freelygivenlife.com)

"Your love never changes. Because I know that You love me. Your love never fails. You make all things work together for my good."

Sitting at Sculpting in Time, enjoying a pitcher of fruit tea, the Word, and some great tunes from Kim Walker and Kristian Stanfill.

Get ready? "..I sent you to harvest where you didn't plant; others had already done the work, and you will gather the harvest." - John 4:38

Colossians 2:5b-7

I rejoice that you are living as you should and that your faith in Christ is strong.

Freedom from Rules and New Life in Christ

6 And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. 7 Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment