Sunday, January 24, 2010

Wonderfully Made

Psalms 139

13 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You.

I saw as this verse was played out before me tonight.. I spent a good portion of my evening holding five day old as he slept. I sat and admired him, just as if he was my own. I meditated on this verse, thinking about how He crafted each little finger and toe along with his little nose and ears. Blessed with a full head of hair and the Father knows each other them. It amazes me how intricately detailed we are designed. Even at a few days old, he is showing resemblance of his mother. I have always had a soft spot for babies, as they can bring a smile from ear to ear on my face. I remember when I visited the orphanage in Burkina Faso, West Africa last year, I was completely heart broken at what I witnessed. I remember seeing so many beautiful faces peering back at me from their cribs. I grabbed one to hold, then soon I grabbed another, yet it still wasn’t enough. I eventually was holding four babies at a time. My heart rejoiced as their countenances sprung forward with smiles and ooow’s and goooo’s.. The thought that many of them had lost their parents to AID’s or war. Some babies had other family members, but none of them really wanted the obligation a baby would bring. I share all of this to say..

Our days are fashioned by Him..

Each breath we breathe is a blessing He shares..

His thoughts of us are greater than the hairs on our head..

He loves each of us..

-(jon curtis)

No comments:

Post a Comment